Looking for new opportunities?
As one of the largest employers in the region, the University Medicine Greifswald offers an attractive work environment for numerous professional groups.
We are looking for you!
The University Medicine Greifswald fulfills the tasks of the medical faculty in research and teaching as part of the University Greifswald and in cooperation with the other faculties. With 21 clinics/polyclinics, 19 institutes and further central facilities the University Medicine Greifswald performs its duties as maximum care hospital.
The Institute for Immunology and Transfusion medicine / Department Transfusion medicine at the University Medicine Greifswald – public corporation – offers the following position as of right now:
limited for one year with the option for subsequent renewal
The limitation of the contract is based on the Science Contract Act (“Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz”).
If the project grant is approved within the SFB TR 240, the contract can be prolonged for additional four years.
Candidates are expected to work on the pathogenesis of vaccine-induced thrombosis and thrombocytopenia (VITT) with a special focus on the role of platelets. In addition, the role of platelets and platelet-derived proteins in Covid 19 disease should be further investigated.
- Qualified applicants (0-4 years of postdoctoral training with either Ph.D. or MD degree) must have strong knowledge and research experience in scientific projects demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience in working with platelets is expected; experience in working with megakaryocytes would be helpful.
- Candidates are expected to design projects independently, prepare scientific publications, and guide diploma, master, and Ph.D. students.
- Candidates should be team-oriented and are expected to interact with other groups to coordinate collaborative research.
- An a inspiring scientific environment
- The salary scale is according to the TV-L
- Possibilities of further training and academic qualifications
- Occupational pension provision
- Greifswald is an innovative university city on the Baltic coast with high recreational value
- To support compatibility of family and career the UMG offers support in the search for child care or apartments through the service office “PFIFF”
For further questions regarding the position and the application please contact Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Greinacher.
Please submit your application with the usual documents, quoting the reference number 21/Br/45 by E-Mail until
At the University Medicine Greifswald, we wish to promote careers of women in areas in which they are underrepresented. Therefore, we encourage female candidates to send us their applications. In the case of equal qualifications, female applicants will be given preferential consideration.
Our jobs are also suitable for part-time employment. If according applications are received it will be examined whether the extent of part-time wishes is applicable in the context of the required profile.
Severely disabled applicants with equal aptitude will be given preferential consideration.
Application costs and expenses occurred as a result of the interview cannot be compensated.
Universitätsmedizin Greifswald KöR
Fleischmannstr. 8 · 17475 Greifswald